For those who have fled to Japan
Who are refugees?
What is status of residence?
Government services available in the community
Japanese education system
To avoid problems in Japan
Things you should know when working in Japan
Хто такі біженці?
Що таке статус проживання?
Адміністративні послуги, доступні в регіоні
Японська система освіти
Як уникнути неприємностей у Японії
Що потрібно знати під час роботи в Японії
Other Support Tools
Learn about life in Japan
NHK World Useful Information for Living in Japan (English, French, Myanmar, Arabic, Persian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Ukrainian, Russian, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, etc.) ※You can choose your language from the earth symbol at the top of the page.
- Booklet for Understanding Buttons and Switches in Japan (Japanese / Ukrainian)
- You can also find it at Rakuten Books.
Evolany Corporation Chatbot of Natural Disaster Assistance "Веселка" (Japanese / English / Ukrainian)
Social Welfare Foundation Support21 Vocabulary materials for Japanese language learner "The First 500 Words"(English, Ukrainian, French, Myanmar, Arabic, Farsi, Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, Spanish, Sinhalese, Russian, Portuguese, Amharic, Turkish, Nepali)
Get daily news
- The news release on the website (English, French, Myanmar, Arabic, Persian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Ukrainian, Russian, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, etc.) ※You can choose your language from the earth symbol at the top of the page.
- Live-streaming (English, French, Vietnamese, Chinese, Ukrainian, etc.) ※You can choose your language from the earth symbol at the top of the page.
interfm (Radio) Information Programs in Ukrainian "Новини та інформація для українців ~News and Info for Ukrainians~"
Learn about systems in Japan
Taxes and Pensions
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication "For foreign residents working in Japan"（Japanese/English/Chinese/Vietnamese ,etc.）
Information on the Municipal Residence Tax System
- Japan Pension Service "Brochures in Foreign Languages" (English)
Information on the Japanese National Pension System.
Those who are enrolled in the Social Insurance System in their workplace are not required to join this system.
- Japan Pension Service "Brochures in Foreign Languages" (English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Myanmar, Cambodian, Russian, Nepalese, Mongolian, etc.)
Information on the Japanese Social Insurance System
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare "Brochure about Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance for foreign workers"(English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Persian, Cambodian, Nepali, Myanmar, etc.)
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government "The Foreign Workers’ Handbook 2021"(English/Chinese)
Prepare for Disaster
Stay up to date with the latest information
- Japan Meteorological Agency"Multilingual Information on Disaster Mitigation" (English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Khmer, Nepali, Burmese, Mongolian, etc.)
- Cabinet Office "Helpful Apps and Websites in the Event of Disaster " (English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Khmer, Nepalese, Myanmar, Mongolian, etc.)
Need help legal support
Counseling by NGOs
- Japan Association for Refugees
Languages：Japanese, French, English
※Appointment required for consultation at the office.
- NGO in Tokai Region：Door to Asylum Nagoya(DAN)
- NGO in Kansai Region：RAFIQ(Creating a community we can share with refugees)
Ask for advice about the Covid-19 vaccination
This service is available to anyone, including those who need vaccination certificates when traveling across the border, or those who have not yet been vaccinated. Coordinators will provide individual consultation in easy Japanese.
Open：AM10:00-PM4:00 Mon-Fri (closed during weekends and national holidays)
Languages：Japanese (easy Japanese is available)
Period：From 1 September 2022 to 31st March 2023
Counseling Services by Psychologist
Foreign Women's Association Paruyon Psychological Counseling by Ukrainian Psychologist
How： 1 session, 50-minute online consultation (Zoom)
Open： Date, time, and frequency will be determined depending on individual needs.
Languages： Ukrainian, Russian
Detail： Website or leaflet (Ukrainian / Japanese)
Borrow a Smartphone
SoftBank Corp. Free Smartphone Rentals for Ukrainian Evacuees
※Applications will be accepted from municipalities and organizations only.
You can learn about Support-R in short 1-2 minute videos. (Automatic English translation available)
What is Support-R？
Can we consult about people fled from Ukrain？
How and where can we learn Japanese？
Can we consult about legal issues?
How do you provide consultation?
Can refugees themselves ask for consultation?
Tools for Practitioners
For Administration Offices
- Osaka Foundation of International Exchange, Planning and Promotion Group(OFIX)"Glossary of words to use the counter"
The words to be used at administrative offices for filling out forms, conducting hearings, or performing other procedures. Ukrainian, Russian, and English are available for each topics.
For Medical Service Providers
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare "Multilingual materials for foreigners" (English, Chinese, etc.)