Soon after arrival
Financial Assistance
Recognition of refugee status
Natural Disaster

Internet Access

Where can I use free WIFI?

Most hotels offer free-WiFi. Albeit being less compared to other countries and concentrated in urban areas, public WiFi exists in public facilities like libraries and stations, also in convenience-stores and cafes. There are also several other ways to access the phone and internet.
Use free Wifi at libraries and other public facilities
Some public facilities offer free Internet access. Please ask at your local library.

  • Go to an Internet cafe
    Internet cafes are cafes that are specially built to allow you to use the Internet and computers for a fee. Drinks are also available, and many stores offer comic books and games as well. Some cafes require a membership to use the Internet, but others can be used without a membership as long as you pay a fee.
  • Rent a Wifi router
    You can rent a small Wifi router. If you can carry it with you, you can use it when you are out and about. They can be found at airports or ordered online and delivered to your destination.
  • Use your smart-phone
    You can use the Internet with your smartphone by purchasing a SIM card, renting a smartphone, or signing a contract with a cell phone company, as described in the section on telephones. If you have a SIM card and a device with a tethering function (a function that allows you to use your cell phone as a WiFi router to connect to the Internet from a tablet or PC), you can also use the Internet on your PC or other devices.
  • Contract with a telecommunications company
    There is another way to get an Internet connection at your home, but it depends on the facilities at your home and the main location where you want to use the Internet. You can use an Internet service that uses fiber-optic cables, or you can use the mobile router or home router mentioned above.

We will update this website to provide accurate information, as it changes constantly.
Please make sure that your information is up to date. If you have any questions, please contact Support-R.


Forum for Refugees Japan
Tel : 0120-477-472
Mail : contact@refugee.or.jp
※Your call will be directed to Japan Association for Refugees(JAR).
  • ● Mon-Fri 10 AM - 5 PM
  • ● English, French, Japanese
Citizen’s Network for Global Activities (CINGA)
  • ● 月〜金 10 AM - 4 PM
  • ● 日本語、やさしい にほんご
Support Center for Ukrainian in Japan

Лінія підтримки Support-Ukr завершила свою роботу 31 березня 2023.


Support-R / Support Center for Ukrainian in Japan

Евакуйовані з України щодня стикаються з труднощами адаптації до життя в Японії. Для вирішення подібних проблем їм необхідні консультаційні послуги.
У світлі цієї ситуації CINGA, з її досвідом у наданні підтримки іноземцям, які проживають в Японії, включно з біженцями, FRJ, з її знаннями та досвідом у підтримці біженців у Японії, і SPF, який прагне створити суспільство, де японці та іноземні мешканці можуть жити разом у злагоді, вирішили створити центр підтримки, щоб подолати розрив між біженцями та заходами підтримки в Японії.
Доступні консультації щодо отримання статусу проживання та інших необхідних документів, а також для консультацій щодо лікарень, навчання та повсякденного життя. Інформація про доступну підтримку надаватиметься відповідно до індивідуальних обставин. Особиста інформація захищена. Будь ласка, не почувайтеся самотніми та не соромтеся проконсультуватися з нами.

Громадянська мережа глобальної діяльності (CINGA)Виможете отримати інформацію про повсякденне життя в Японії, візу, тощо.
Лінія підтримки Support-Ukr завершила свою роботу 31 березня 2023.
Форум для біженців Японії(FRJ)*Ваш дзвінок буде направлено до Японської асоціації біженців (JAR).
  • Pобочі години: 10 AM- 5 PM Пн-Пт
  • Мова: англійська, французька та японська
  • Тел.: 0120-477-472
  • Mail: contact@refugee.or.jp