Soon after arrival
Financial Assistance
Recognition of refugee status
Natural Disaster

Searching for a place to live

Can I get assistance with housing?

Municipalities may offer free public housing to those who have fled Ukraine. Please inquire with your local prefectural or municipal office to see if there is any assistance that you can receive.
Some companies also offer free monthly apartments for those who fled Ukraine.
However, you may not be ready to move in within a few days of arriving in Japan, so you will need to consult with the respective office.

Can I rent an apartment by myself?

When you want to rent an apartment or other property, you generally go to a real estate agency to search for a property, screen tenants and complete the move-in procedures. You may be required to have a certain amount of income, a guarantor, or other requirements. As a general rule, apartments for rent in Japan are not furnished. You will also be responsible for opening the gas, water, and electricity lines by yourself. You will need to inquire with a supplier to find out if your status of residence allows for the procedure to be completed. In addition to rent, you will also need to pay various other fees when you move in. Although most are for singles, shared houses and other facilities may be available if the conditions match. Many of these facilities have Internet, minimal furnishings and appliances, and often have fewer requirements for tenants than rental properties. They range from dormitory type to private room type.

I do not have furniture and appliances. Where can I get assistance?

For those who fled from Ukraine, the local municipalities may provide furniture and appliances free of charge or at a low cost. However, in Japan, you will have to pay to dispose of large furniture and appliances. Please check with your local municipal office for details. If you are from another country of origin and have trouble with furniture and appliances, please contact Support-R.

I'm going to move to another area for work. Are there any short-term houses available for rent in the current area?

Although there are regional differences, there are shared houses (shared apartments) that can be moved in for a short period of time. For details, please contact the Support-R Help Desk.

I am looking for a place to live.

Each municipality offers public housing for people with low income and in need of housing. Since each municipality has different requirements, such as whether the applicant registered as a resident, you need to contact the housing supply corporation of your municipality. Public shelters are available for those who have applied for refugee status. They are called "Emergency Shelter For Refugee Applicants (ESFRA)." If you want to move into the shelter, you must apply to the Refugee Assistance Headquarters (RHQ). For more information, please contact Support-R.

We will update this website to provide accurate information, as it changes constantly.
Please make sure that your information is up to date. If you have any questions, please contact Support-R.


Forum for Refugees Japan
Tel : 0120-477-472
Mail : contact@refugee.or.jp
※Your call will be directed to Japan Association for Refugees(JAR).
  • ● Mon-Fri 10 AM - 5 PM
  • ● English, French, Japanese
Citizen’s Network for Global Activities (CINGA)
  • ● 月〜金 10 AM - 4 PM
  • ● 日本語、やさしい にほんご
Support Center for Ukrainian in Japan

Лінія підтримки Support-Ukr завершила свою роботу 31 березня 2023.


Support-R / Support Center for Ukrainian in Japan

Евакуйовані з України щодня стикаються з труднощами адаптації до життя в Японії. Для вирішення подібних проблем їм необхідні консультаційні послуги.
У світлі цієї ситуації CINGA, з її досвідом у наданні підтримки іноземцям, які проживають в Японії, включно з біженцями, FRJ, з її знаннями та досвідом у підтримці біженців у Японії, і SPF, який прагне створити суспільство, де японці та іноземні мешканці можуть жити разом у злагоді, вирішили створити центр підтримки, щоб подолати розрив між біженцями та заходами підтримки в Японії.
Доступні консультації щодо отримання статусу проживання та інших необхідних документів, а також для консультацій щодо лікарень, навчання та повсякденного життя. Інформація про доступну підтримку надаватиметься відповідно до індивідуальних обставин. Особиста інформація захищена. Будь ласка, не почувайтеся самотніми та не соромтеся проконсультуватися з нами.

Громадянська мережа глобальної діяльності (CINGA)Виможете отримати інформацію про повсякденне життя в Японії, візу, тощо.
Лінія підтримки Support-Ukr завершила свою роботу 31 березня 2023.
Форум для біженців Японії(FRJ)*Ваш дзвінок буде направлено до Японської асоціації біженців (JAR).
  • Pобочі години: 10 AM- 5 PM Пн-Пт
  • Мова: англійська, французька та японська
  • Тел.: 0120-477-472
  • Mail: contact@refugee.or.jp